The fishery will be known to many as Mopley Farm Fishery which was formed in 1984 as a trout fishery at Mopley Farm on the Manor of Cadland.
The fishery used Mopley for fly fishing until 1990 when it introduced coarse fish into the water to change to a coarse fishery , which proved to a be very popular move amongst the fishing fraternity. In the spring of 1998 a partnership was formed with the Manor of Cadland to manage the estate waters which, along with the then new Bilcombes water, have been completely restocked.
Spring 2010 brought about a new change with the previous manager and partner, Brian Tillman, retiring and the Manor of Cadland taking over the running of the fishery, now becoming CADLAND FISHERY and run by the current fishery manager Stuart Grieve.
If travelling from the west, London, or Portsmouth pick up the A326 Fawley Road at junction 2 of M27. Follow the A326 until the small roundabout after the Holbury Inn, take the road for Lepe Country Park, straight across the traffic lights to Blackfield :-
Dark Lane Ponds.
Look for Tesco Express on left then turn left down New Road. Then turn right at the bottom of the hill.
Carry on past Tesco Express on Lepe Road. Turn left into Mopley Road and the second right. Follow the road to a sharp left hand bend, take the track that goes straight on down to the pond, through a gate. The car park is clearly marked.
Precise location will be given to new members on joining.
Please remember: This is a private lake with no adjacent footpaths. Viewings are by appointment only.
GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RULES.
- It is the responsibility of anglers to read the rules of the fishery and comply with them.
- From time to time it may be necessary to display further rules or amendments, etc at the venues or on this website, please read.
- Non fishing guests at the discretion of Fishery Manager.
- Tackle suitable for coarse fishing and species targeted on only to be used.
- No fishing to take place without a current EA licence. (regular EA checks made)
- The Fishery Manager and Bailiffs acting on behalf of the fishery reserve the right to ask any person not complying with the rules of Cadland Fishery to leave the water , or anyone acting in a manner which interferes with any anglers enjoyment of the fishery.
PLEASE PHONE FOR A CURRENT APPLICATION FORM.